After a quick stop in Amsterdam, I arrived in Dusseldorf early in the morning. I went straight to the tradeshow from there, so I didn't get to see much of the city. We were staying in Koln, where I had quite a headache with my hotel room that afternoon as I went to check into a tiny place named Hotel Leonet Novum in Koln...(don't EVER stay there, it's horrible, disgusting, the people are not nice, it's rather unsafe - seriously, the door didn't lock and other guests in the lobby were complaining that their stuff got stolen- and looks nothing like the web site), so I ended up bunking with my work BFF, Candice, for the night. Slumber party! :) I was able to check into her hotel where the others were staying the next day. Much better...(Barcelo in Koln). Every night, we found our way to a cool little place just around the corner from the hotel to relax, hang out, have fun, and possibly dance a little... :) We made two new friends there - Bruno and Fiona - who were the absolute highlight of our time in Koln. Great people!
We went to a nice dinner at a tower overlooking the city of Koln that night, then after the show the next day, we went into downtown Dusseldorf. It was so great to see the villages decorated for Christmas! I loved being there this time of year.
| Roasted chestnuts! |
On Saturday morning, we made a venture across western Germany and stopped at an old castle in Krefeld, Germany. This was awesome! My first thought was how much I felt like I was on the movie set of "Ever After" at a REAL castle. My second thought was more about how much I wanted to be the queen living there...a thought I often have... :) We had a lot of fun roaming around here and checking out the Burg Linn castle.
There were a few little guys playing "knights" and enjoying the castle that day as well...!
Now...off to Belgium!

No comments:
Post a Comment